Friday, October 24, 2008
Tragedies and Windows
Working on my car this week was a pretty interesting Automotive adventure. I will just say.... it pays to know somebody. When i worked at Alderson Subaru/BMW/Lexus/Cadillac/Mercedes, i became aquainted with Tim, the BMW/Subaru service manager. So, on monday when my drivers side window stopped working while half way down, i decided to swing by the dealership to see how i could fix it. I ask Tim and after a few questions, he printed me off a set of illustrated intructions on how to replace a window regulator. I have done this before on Katies Civic but never on a car with automatic windows. This proved interesting. finally a day and a half and many bloody knuckles later i had taken apart my door and window and put it back together which seemed to do the trick. I began to contemplate the potential cost of having my car fixed at the aforementioned luxury dealership and, although still frustrated that my car was broken in the first place and at the enormous effort it took to fix it, i became very contented with my accomplishment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
backpacker, snowboarder, artist, trendy clothes, un-trendy clothes, auto mechanic.
remember when you fixed my car window? the regulator had come unregulated :)
Post a Comment