I have been learning a lot in the last few weeks. it has been really great experiencing what the Lord has in store. I have had the fortunate opportunity to befriend a couple of international students at Tech. I met Muaz while playing volleyball with some friends the other night. He is from syria and is a graduate student/ TA at texas tech. I also met a student from china named Forest. The Lord has really been including me in his plans lately. i told a friend earlier that God does his will anyway but it is really cool to know that your a part of it. Here's what i mean. When we invited Muaz to play volleyball with us, he picked it up right away even though he had never played before. Later he went to eat with a myself and a group of people and we talked the whole time about Christianity and Islam. He said that he had been having a really bad day until he met us. I also got a chance to hang out with my friend Forest. i told him while eating lunch that we needed to hang out and he immediately told me that he wanted to start having friends over for weekly chinese lessons (how perfect!). later that night i was on campus playing disc golf and we ran into forest and he played with us until about 10 that night. These are some great situations that God has given me lately. I have really felt His hand in my life and wonder at where he will lead me and what he is preparing me for. Awsome huh?
And now i leave you with one quote to explain why i like chinese people.
"i must go swimming this afternoon. i dont like to go in the morning because there are too many people. i think it is like a big pot with lots of meat. splashing around like it is boiling."-Forest
1 comment:
very cool... it is amazing when you get the chance to live in the lives of other people. it totally sounds like God is using you and your gifts to build new realationships and aint it cool when you realize He is!!!
Post a Comment