Monday, September 27, 2010

LipDub?

I watched an episode of The Office yesterday and came to the terrifying reality that my 2 years abroad has made me outdated to hip pop culture in the states. The american version of BBC's The Office is riddled with pop culture references. i had previously been able to keep up with most of it such as popular youtube videos and an awareness of the frightening Lady Gaga. But yesterday the episode kicked off with a "lip dub" music video put on my the staff of dunder-mifflin-sabre and the whole thing was way over my head. so i had to resort to my old friend Google. if you dont watch The Office or dont know what it is, i'm afraid its too late for you. sorry. Although maybe nobody watched it anymore. The Office is SO 2008.

1 comment:

katie said...

Don't feel too bad, I didn't catch the reference either but I did think it was hilarious. Dwight with the knife was my favorite part. I just cracked up watching what I think the original video here - http://vimeo.com/173714