Friday, August 31, 2007

Journal

This is an excerpt from my journal towards the end of last semester:

"Where is God? This is the question that has plagued me this semester. I've found myself not felling God's presence at all.As i though tonight about my lack of intimacy with Christ, i saw/heard Jesus say "so come with me taste and see God is good taste and see." I never understood this song. My thoughts were, "who am i singing this to?" But i experienced Christ's invitation to me to follow him and know God. Is this what I've been doing? Maybe yes, but maybe not intentionally following the personable relational Christ. Maybe I've been trying to follow the bible -Gods word- but not the living Christ. Hy is my path to God. "no one comes to the father but through me""

The ironic thing is that as heartfelt as this might seem, and as meaningful as i know it was for me at the time, this excerpt means little to nothing to me right now. Should it?

1 comment:

katie said...

give yourself a couple more months or years. one day you'll read it and think - "i felt the same then as i do now" then you'll get really depressed at how things never seem to get any better.

>insert happy ending here<